Provincial Letters

Far from the mad crowds of the city, Blaise Pascal passed comment on the strange behaviour of this urban contemporaries in his Provincial Letters. The connection between them and this blog is somewhat tenuous.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Grimsby, N E Lincolnshire, United Kingdom

My star sign in Superstition. And I didn't believe in reincarnation last time, either. The only thing I can't tolerate is intolerance. I am a fanatical ant-fanaticist. I am bigotted only where bigots are concerned. I am a fundamentalist atheist. I'm proud to be a product of evolution; I know it in my genes.

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Posted @ 20:03International News - Special Edition

Today, in a far desert land, a man was hung by the neck until he was dead. The man was guilty of many crimes including hanging his political opponents by the neck until they were dead. He was a bad man for doing this. The West, for all its posturing and hand-washing, is good for doing the same. Such is the lesson of the day.

The man would have been able to live out his natural life if he'd been called Augusto Pinochet or Manuel Noriega: and he would have received ample funds and support from the West to carry out executions stay in power.

Well, what a lovely start to the New Year. Makes us all so pure and clean and free from any stain of sin.

There may be a minuscule quantity of sarcasm in the above which the astute reader will be able to spot with sufficient assiduousness.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

But remember, we are products of evolution. He was weak and lower on the evolutionary ladder. We are stronger because we in the Western world are higher on the evolutionary ladder. Therefore survival of the fittest dictates his death. Yes, Darwin be praised!

Tue Jan 16, 10:08:00 pm GMT 
Blogger woja said...

Please see my post on the subject of anonymous comments.

Thu Jan 18, 03:10:00 am GMT 

Post a Comment

<< Home