Provincial Letters

Far from the mad crowds of the city, Blaise Pascal passed comment on the strange behaviour of this urban contemporaries in his Provincial Letters. The connection between them and this blog is somewhat tenuous.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Grimsby, N E Lincolnshire, United Kingdom

My star sign in Superstition. And I didn't believe in reincarnation last time, either. The only thing I can't tolerate is intolerance. I am a fanatical ant-fanaticist. I am bigotted only where bigots are concerned. I am a fundamentalist atheist. I'm proud to be a product of evolution; I know it in my genes.

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Posted @ 21:16Season's Greeting To All Our Readers


"Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst"
Are full of passionate intensity.

W B Yeats; The Second Coming

And...
...for those interested, I've recorded a version of my song "the ballad of fergus flynn" (which I've played at various acoustic sessions and open mic. nights over the past year). This will be available only for the festive season. Cheers!

Sorry, peoples, the song is now no longer available. The festive season is over.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! Love this song too. You really are quite a talent!!!!!! Got your link up on Beth's Own Blog.

Sun Dec 24, 05:33:00 am GMT 

Post a Comment

<< Home