Provincial Letters

Far from the mad crowds of the city, Blaise Pascal passed comment on the strange behaviour of this urban contemporaries in his Provincial Letters. The connection between them and this blog is somewhat tenuous.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Grimsby, N E Lincolnshire, United Kingdom

My star sign in Superstition. And I didn't believe in reincarnation last time, either. The only thing I can't tolerate is intolerance. I am a fanatical ant-fanaticist. I am bigotted only where bigots are concerned. I am a fundamentalist atheist. I'm proud to be a product of evolution; I know it in my genes.

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Posted @ 17:00Anniversary 2

This weekend (Sunday, to be precise; you can read my first few posts here) will be the 2nd anniversary of this blog. I admit that it's not been consistent (neither in quality, quantity nor frequency), but I've tried to keep things going and my readers (moderately) entertained (and, I've been heartened and pleased by all the comments (however inane or badly punned, Ian) that I've received). So, to celebrate, I'm asking my readers to set me a challenge.

What I'd like you to do is to give me (via comments to this posting) a title for a post which I'll have to write over the weekend and must post by midnight on Sunday. The title should be a maximum of 13 words (a purely arbitrary number, which I will enforce rigidly unless it amuses me to ignore it), in English and make some sort of sense. I'll view all the entries and select at least one to use (my choice). I'll let the list run up to around 18:00 on Sunday (I won't be too strict on the deadline). That gives you two-and-a-half clear drinking days to think of something really convoluted to perplex me with.

Cheers, and thanks in advance.

It would be nice if you identify yourself when posting a suggestion, but that's not compulsory.
P.S. This year's Darwin Awards are out and the catalogue of human stupidity has been swollen yet again. You can read about it here

This challenge is now closed