Provincial Letters

Far from the mad crowds of the city, Blaise Pascal passed comment on the strange behaviour of this urban contemporaries in his Provincial Letters. The connection between them and this blog is somewhat tenuous.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Grimsby, N E Lincolnshire, United Kingdom

My star sign in Superstition. And I didn't believe in reincarnation last time, either. The only thing I can't tolerate is intolerance. I am a fanatical ant-fanaticist. I am bigotted only where bigots are concerned. I am a fundamentalist atheist. I'm proud to be a product of evolution; I know it in my genes.

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Posted @ 23:24A Project For 2007

I've mentioned Tom Cruise & Mel Gibson before in these musings. It has become apparent that even the sort of negative comments that I (and others) have come out with in the past
This picture is of Lily the cat sat on my lap; it has nothing to do with this posting. It's much nicer to think of Lily than of Tom Cruise or Mel Gibson.
year, act only to prolong the agony. These two beings are the very antithesis of the phrase "normal human being". They seem to spend far too long in the news, in the films, in the world. They are not only irritating, they are unnecessary.

So, I propose a project for us all to follow for 2007: ignore and boycott them completely. And I this should apply even to this blog: you should only read this posting in 2006 and 2008, you may not read it in 2007.

Some of the necessary actions are:

  • Put every copy of every film featuring them (on any medium) in a box and hide it somewhere that you won't remember.
  • Do not attend any presentations of their films.
  • Ignore all documentaries, news items and films of theirs shown on TV.
  • Burn any pages in your daily newspapers which feature them.
  • Report anyone on the internet discussing them (positively or negatively) for offensive content.
  • Try and forget their names altogether.

Come on chaps & chapesses, let's make 2007 Tom Cruise & Mel Gibson free!

PS

This blog will also be extending the boycott to Ricky Gervais.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Soooo....does that mean, no drooling over Mel on the cover of the old Lethal Weapon video cover...or remembering each outfit he wore in Mad Max, or or or...can you get patches for giving up Mel? It's gonna be tough...

Sat Dec 30, 12:25:00 am GMT 
Blogger woja said...

Drooling is right out! But the costume fantasy may be permissible if you keep it to yourself.

I'll see what I can do about the patches...

Sat Dec 30, 02:10:00 am GMT 

Post a Comment

<< Home