Provincial Letters

Far from the mad crowds of the city, Blaise Pascal passed comment on the strange behaviour of this urban contemporaries in his Provincial Letters. The connection between them and this blog is somewhat tenuous.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Grimsby, N E Lincolnshire, United Kingdom

My star sign in Superstition. And I didn't believe in reincarnation last time, either. The only thing I can't tolerate is intolerance. I am a fanatical ant-fanaticist. I am bigotted only where bigots are concerned. I am a fundamentalist atheist. I'm proud to be a product of evolution; I know it in my genes.

Friday, April 01, 2005

Posted @ 18:14Warning: not funny

OK, people. Some of you guys and guyesses (well, Ian) have asked me about how to edit blogs and advice on how to format them and stuff. As a result of visiting the blog of the Blogger.com maintainers, I discovered this piece of FREE software called Zoundry Blog Writer.

It's very easy to use and can keep track of all your blog posts on your computer, lets you edit them (and format them with different typefaces, colours and stuff) and is generally helpful.

It took two minutes for me to set up and get it working, so it shouldn't take you much longer (Ian, phone me when you hit a problem).

It has a few quirks (like the [Delete] key doesn't work like you'd expect it to, the [Esc] key doesn't activate the [Cancel] button in dialogs), but all-in-all, it's not bad for the price (nothing). The major gripe I have with it is that you can't easily add links to other web sites and blogs.

But it will get you up and blogging.

As it is, I had to edit this post once I got it up on the blog so it used my "extended" formatting (and to insert the links). But it was much faster than doing it directly in Blogger.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As you probably already know, your blog is extremely entertaining. I stumbled onto it by clicking on your comment at Bloggy's Blog (wtf is that anyways). I just wanted to let you know that I read your blog, I hope to read more of your post in the future, please continue to post often.

Tue Apr 05, 11:22:00 pm BST 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the encouragement, James.

"As you probably already know"... well, there's people who've left nice comments on previous posts, but most of them are inhabitants of the same backwater as me (and habituees of the same drinking establishments I frequent) and they're sort of used to me and I to them.

Comments by complete strangers are both encouraging and surprising (I am in shock).

Wed Apr 06, 05:06:00 pm BST 

Post a Comment

<< Home