Provincial Letters

Far from the mad crowds of the city, Blaise Pascal passed comment on the strange behaviour of this urban contemporaries in his Provincial Letters. The connection between them and this blog is somewhat tenuous.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Grimsby, N E Lincolnshire, United Kingdom

My star sign in Superstition. And I didn't believe in reincarnation last time, either. The only thing I can't tolerate is intolerance. I am a fanatical ant-fanaticist. I am bigotted only where bigots are concerned. I am a fundamentalist atheist. I'm proud to be a product of evolution; I know it in my genes.

Thursday, February 17, 2005

Posted @ 18:12Today I decided...

I've decided that I'll make a go of this blogging malarky, and also:
  • to get rid of the silly posts about changing the template (one click, they're gone!);
  • to make some entry every weekday;
  • to go for a pint later (this is, suprisingly, not as new as it appears);
I'll also make an effort to publish links to this blog so that others can share the delights of the "blogging experience" and join the 21st century's obsession with sharing pointless trivia (there is a touch of cynicism here, perhaps).

The only thing that surprises me, as I wander through blogger-space (and, maybe, it shouldn't), is the number of teenage angst blogs featuring idiomatic and linguistic variations on the phrase "I want to die". That, plus all those blogs that seem to be simply a way for companies to get their keywords listed (and, again, this shouldn't really surprise me).

At the moment, I'm looking forward to seeing Richard Papps at the Tap & Spile tomorrow (Friday) night (but not looking forward so much to setting up and taking down the PA). And I'm looking forward to going to, and performing at, the Open Mic Night at the Carnival in Barton on Saturday.

1 Comments:

Blogger Seany said...

Welcome back to Blogdom!

Sat Feb 19, 10:06:00 am GMT 

Post a Comment

<< Home