Provincial Letters

Far from the mad crowds of the city, Blaise Pascal passed comment on the strange behaviour of this urban contemporaries in his Provincial Letters. The connection between them and this blog is somewhat tenuous.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Grimsby, N E Lincolnshire, United Kingdom

My star sign in Superstition. And I didn't believe in reincarnation last time, either. The only thing I can't tolerate is intolerance. I am a fanatical ant-fanaticist. I am bigotted only where bigots are concerned. I am a fundamentalist atheist. I'm proud to be a product of evolution; I know it in my genes.

Sunday, February 27, 2005

Posted @ 11:59The Fifth Sentence

I've come across this little game a few times while trawling the blogs and am (slightly) amused and (slightly) intrigued by it.

The idea is this:

[1] Grab the nearest book.

[2] Open the book to page 123 (clearly, the book must have at least 123 pages).

[3] Find the fifth sentence (clearly, the book must have writing in it; this rules out colouring books: even ones you've finished colouring in, Mr Bush).

[4] Post the text of the sentence in your journal along with these instructions.

[5] Don't search around and look for the "coolest" book you can find. Use what's actually next/nearest to you.

And so, for your delectation and delight, I give you my "Fifth Sentence":

It was Dolores, his wife.

Make of that what you will.

5 Comments:

Blogger Seany said...

"Anger follows"

Mon Feb 28, 07:49:00 am GMT 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

" It was as though his daughter had smiled. "

Mon Feb 28, 10:28:00 am GMT 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"You've come to the edge of nothing - you know that"

Wed Mar 02, 11:14:00 pm GMT 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"How do I know?"

Wed Mar 02, 11:17:00 pm GMT 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shit on them before they shit on us you understand.

Fri Mar 04, 05:50:00 pm GMT 

Post a Comment

<< Home